Rownd a Rownd

Well, we haven’t seen much of that side of him, but chwarae teg, he did somewhat prove me wrong in this episode.

2 Likes

After watching it again, I agree. If my daughter woke me up first thing in the morning, I’m not sure whether I’d be able to respond quite so nicely!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T
So, what is Robbie up,to?
And Erin isn’t all bad, just daft! “I want…I get!”:No listening to reason! And when she is back in hospital as an in-patient, she will want sympathy in spades!

Isn’t selling counterfeit goods forbidden even if you declare them as counterfeit - just the fact that they are designed to look like designer brands but are not authorised by those brands?

Whether they’re real (and stolen) or fake, I can imagine Arthur could get into piles of trouble!

1 Like

Oooo… :grinning: No, I should not be feeling unbridled joy at the thought of Arthur arriving in the carchar just as poor Kelvin is let out due to a court catching on to his naivety! I would not wish upon Kelvin the company of a moaning self-righteous Arthur!

2 Likes

Spoiler 07.12.2017

ooh-er, now I hadn’t expected (pardon the pun!) that! (Siân I mean…). Now we know the significance of the look she gave John when he picked up little Tom’s dummy (soother? pacifier? for Americans).

BTW, I was using the “watch live” option in Clic, and just for fun, turned on the “sain disgrifio” option, which I had never tried before. I don’t know if this is available for viewers of the broadcast version, but if you’ve never experienced it, it’s quite interesting. In between dialogues, a voice cuts in with a description, in Welsh, of the setup for the next scene. I think it does add to the programme and could add some comprehension clues.

1 Like

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R
T

Just before the fact was unveiled, I suddenly guessed what was up with Siân, and just as Jhn was going on about being glad his were grown up now! Seems a bit much for Dewi to swan off to Spain and leave everyone working hard, while he does some sort of easy bar job!
Oh, when on phone to Rhys, I could have sworn John said “sut dych chi?”;instead of “Lle dych chi?” Did anyone notice exactly what he said?

I just re-watched with the Welsh subtitles. They gave it as “lle dach chi?”. With my dodgy ears, I couldn’t swear that’s what he said, but it sounded like that to me.

Well, I know ‘sut’ wouldn’t make sense, so it must have been my ears! Dear me, falling apart all over, I am! Sans this, sans that…

Nor I! Quite a twist of events! (And when I saw her going into that bathroom, I was worried at first that she would be doing something permanent to herself!)

And not long after they had been talking about Erin possibly being yn feithiog and about how John would be wrth ei fodd to be a grandfather!

1 Like

Emyr Gibson is still a RaR regular, isn’t he?

He was doing the school Christmas disco for our kids tonight, and sends a big hello to all our RaR-watching learners… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s “Meical”, isn’t he? Very much a regular, yes!

Oh wow!

1 Like

If you ever hear that the school has booked Ffion Dafis, tell this thread in advance and many of the male R&R watchers will come, just to drool!!! :wink:

That’s “Alwena”, right?

Is there a list of cast & characters somewhere, to enable one to look this sort of thing up in either direction?

1 Like

Sian Beca (“Cathryn”) in an interview with Gareth (a monkey? chimpanzee?):

He also speaks with lots of other people whom you may or may not know (I don’t!); see the related videos.

1 Like

Cwl! Do please say hello back when you see him again.

Found a video of him singing on youtube a few weeks back. A lovely voice.

2 Likes

Sadly no. Not with cast members. There is a list of characters on the RaR website, but it’s not 100% up to date. I keep meaning to compile my own list sometime. I started to compile a list of where the actors were born (or at least brought up), in order to get an idea of what their natural accents might be (for example, I found out that “John” came from somewhere in Ynys Môn, so you’d expect his accent to be pretty authentic to the RaR area). But having said that, actors are trained to “do” accents, and so we are not necessarily hearing their natural accent. And I noticed that “Mr Lloyd”, when he was moonlighting in “Un Bore Mercher” was using southern usages, as was Richard Elfyn (the dodgy DCI in “un Bore Mercher”), although in the past, I’ve only ever heard him speaking Gog. (He’s from Bangor, according to Wicipedia). But anyway, my list is nowhere near complete.

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd/e_/cymeriadau/

1 Like

Yes, I had seen that - quite helpful when figuring out who is related to whom, as that’s a fairly complex thing in RaR land! (In particular, just because a child is living with a man and a woman doesn’t mean that those two are the child’s parents.)

Though as you say, it’s a bit out of date, doesn’t mention some newer characters and still has quite a few whom I’ve never seen (e.g. Hari).

Though you never know whether they’ll come back at some point!

Could you share that list, please?

I remember reading that, too. And he teaches acting somewhere in the north-east, if I recall correctly?

Oh, just had a look at Lowri’s entry, and it answers a question I’d been wondering about, i.e. who is Robbie’s father:

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd/e_/cymeriadau/lowri/

old picture of Robbie!

http://www.s4c.cymru/rowndarownd/e_/cymeriadau/robbie/

1 Like

I believe so. He seemed to have quite a distinguished acting/theatrical past, when I looked him up, but some of the details are hazy now. :slight_smile:

Gladly…er, when I can find it again! I’d been wondering about the technicalities of how to put such a list into the forum, keeping columns and headings lined up, but not made much progress…and then got side-tracked, as you do…(or at least as I do :slight_smile: ).

1 Like