Rownd a Rownd

I think the cash payment was probably the initial problem, and the biscuits were just the thing to…take the biscuit. :slight_smile: Presumably the cash deal meant that there could be no contract (although I’m not sure about that). I wonder what sort of organisation it is?

Cash payment hits the fan! Tnere’s surprising! And when will someone, e.g. Barry kidnap Rhys and take hm to the hospital!

1 Like

Barry showing both his best and worst sides, in the same episode.

1 Like

Well, it was nice to have a little light relief wifh Tom’s toy - dinosaur was it? After Craith and other dark programs!

1 Like

Trust Barry not to order it from a toyshop like everyone else!

I wonder if Erin will end up running the race after all? (Perhaps with Will? - Maybe they should do it together like a 3-legged race). :slight_smile:

Edit: I found it interesting that Meical and Michelle were apparently having to look up technical (in a tax sense) Welsh words in the dictionary.

Same!

As for Wil - why did he do that thing for Barry, and why does Barry think he knows whom to call next time he wants an errand run? Barry doesn’t have any leverage on him any more, does he?

1. If you have never had any dealings with the Inland Revenue or whatever the tax office is called now, there might well be words in an English language letter for which a dictionary would come in handy! Jargon turns up everywhere, especially in Government paperwork!
  2. Barry clearly still thinks he might have some hold on Will, even if he has no current plans in that direction - getting Rhys to the hospital could have been a joint project, but his dad may do that now - Yes/No?

It seems that he was trying to teach Wil some sort of “life lesson”. It seemed that he’d softened a bit towards Wil when he saw Wil helping out his brother (who is an old friend of Barry’s (we saw that when Rhys first came into the programme - they knew each other from school and/or playing football together).

Anyway, maybe he will leave Wil alone now. But unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that Erin has learned any lessons, and she’s likely to carry on leaving a trail of destruction behind her. :frowning:

1 Like

True enough. I must re-watch that bit, and try to spot if it was Welsh<=>English dictionary or a Welsh<=>Welsh one. They are presumably being portrayed as first-language Welsh speakers, so you wouldn’t think that looking up the words in English would help all that much (although it might, of course).

BTW, I was fascinated to hear Lowri speaking English on the phone in a recent episode. I don’t think I’d heard her speaking English before. She sounded quite different.

NOW will they take that foolish bachgen i’r ysbyty?

2 Likes

BTW, I find I’m liking Siân more and more these days. She used to be a bit too prickly for me, but her relationship with John (and his family) seems to have mellowed her.

1 Like

How not to endear yourself to boss/family of cariad!
And how to get in much trouble with Tax man!!

It was pretty obvious that it had been the man “at the offices” who paid them cash who had shopped them, but I hadn’t thought of him going to the trouble of providing video evidence. (The way he very obviously doled out the cash to them was a bit of a giveaway in hindsight). I wonder what these “offices” are? I wonder if it’s some sort of official / public sector body that is probably more or less obliged to report this kind of thing. (We know it’s not the Revenue, since that was somewhere else, although it would have been hilarious if they’d tried to get the taxman to pay them in cash for cheaper deal. :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if Revenue and Customs pay companies to catch cheats and don’t say stings are not allowed! So … simple sting catches little mugs. Real tax fiddles are off shore and zillionairs… but nobody tried to catch rhem!

2 Likes

Sp…
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

A
L
E
R.
T
Progress. Understaind Jac’s situation and Dani feeling bad for being cross! Good, may do her a lot of good, ditto sympathy with Rhys.
I keeping hoping Barry has nasty people bothering him so good reason for ultra-short fuse .That or cancer back! OK i have soft spot for Barry! Don’t want him all bad!

1 Like

Did Jac actually use the F word when his sister burst into the salon? I haven’t watched with subtitles yet. Sounded like “what the … are you doing here?”

I think Barry definitely has a good side, but it wasn’t on display tonight.

I heard uffern “hell”.

1 Like

So did I! I thought he asked “Beth yr uffern” or words to that effect!

1 Like

Digon teg. Seems much more likely ona defore-the-watershed programme that at least at one time was aimed at youngsters (less no nowadays I think). My hearing is not 100% to say the least.

Dioch @henddraig a @philipnewton :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been a bit neglectful of it of late, but I always used to be a regular listener of Gari Wyn’s business programme on Monday lunchtimes. Not that I’m particularly interested in business, but Gari is such a nice clear speaker, and his enthusiasm is infectious. I thought it was “hen amser” to catch up with him and listened to this:

Now my knowledge of Welsh geography (or any geography come to that) is so abysmal that I had no idea that Llangefni was the county town of Sir Fôn. Turns out it’s pretty much in the centre of the island. During the programme I suddenly noticed a mention of “Mr Lloyd”. As I knew by now we were talking about part of Ynys Môn, I wondered if this had been some sort of reference to Rownd a Rownd. But I hadn’t been 100% mentally focused when listening the first time, so I might have missed the relevant references.

When I listened a 2nd time, it became pretty clear (I think) that this was some other (real) “Mr Lloyd”, and nothing to do with RaR. (pity :slight_smile: ).

So, a bit of a red-herring then, but it got me thinking as to why we never seem to hear anything about Llangefni, since it’s only just up the road from Menai Bridge. By contrast, we are always hearing about Bangor (admittedly, a lot closer).

It’s possible of course that there might be filming sometimes in Llangefni, but it doesn’t get credited. (Has anyone who knows the place ever spotted it?).

There was an episode once in which Iris and Arthur went to Beaumaris, but that’s about the only time I remember the programme specifically going to a different named part of Ynys Môn.

1 Like