Rownd a Rownd

Everyone should be worried by Kay!

2 Likes

On the other hand, I think Kay should worry less about Meical.

I understood it as Terry’s offering him only a temporary position while Kelvin was away, not a permanent thing, so talking about “stealing” his job was over the top, I think.

1 Like

That was what I meant! As written she, like Sophie, leaps to conclusions, grabbing and shaking like my little poodle with her toy fluffy frog which she has ‘killed’ many times over! Kay is supposed to be an adult human, so should behave in a more mature way.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure of what Llio is doing as well. She always has this look of disgust on her face when Mathew is around. Meanwhile, Mathew’s insistence and “helping” is becoming creepy. Suggesting he stay over until Jac returns. How would Sophie and Philip not notice that? I don’t condone cheating but if he is over Sophie (and honestly I can see why) then break up with her.

Yes, I definitely think Philip has a crush on Lowri. I’m glad I’m not the only one who has noticed. Casually offering to pay off her loan and then the hug. I noticed something in his facial expression as he hugged her.

Why does John’s ex have two names? Trying to reinvent herself? She clearly has narcissistic tendencies and not to mention she’s reveling in all this drama. I’m glad she finally realizes after almost 20 years that the kids are important to her (sarcasm). She knew what she was doing reaching out to Wil instead of Erin or Rhys. She knows she can manipulate him.

1 Like

Also, she seems to have taken the student into her confidence as well, despite being intensely annoyed when he first turned up. They seem to have got more pally lately, apparently as a reaction to Matthew’s predatory activities. Matthew seems to have a good and a bad side to his character. We saw the good side when he supported his dad when Alwenna left him.

I hadn’t spotted the “staying over” suggestion! - That is odd! Whatever she’s planning, I hope it’s good.

Great minds, and all that. :slight_smile: Lowri is pretty and very good natured, and temporarily alone, and perhaps lonely. Philip is alone, and probably lonely. I can see why he might be tempted. I think Lowri is too loyal to “Kelv” for anything to really happen, but Philip might clumsily try something which would probably cause ructions, at least for a while.

Something else I hadn’t noticed. I really must keep up! :slight_smile: When John & co. first came into the programme, we never actually saw her (I don’t think). It was just made clear that it was a very messy and painful (for John) divorce, and presumably upsetting for the kids as well. (Erin has been playing on that ever since…).

Only just noticed this. I guessed that it might be one that more or less translates, and had a guess at “llawgoch” - bingo! Gweiadur and GPC confirm this.

I hadn’t spotted the “staying over” suggestion! - That is odd! Whatever she’s planning, I hope it’s good.

Yeah Mathew said he could stay over once he found out that Carys and Tom had moved out. Then he kept telling Lilo that he’s always here if she needs anything. I really can’t figure out Lilo’s plan. Sophie already has her suspicions so revealing that Mathews been hitting on Lilo wouldn’t be a surprise.

Mathew is head of year at the school, correct? Could she be trying to gather enough evidence to get him in trouble at work or even fired so she can take his position? I guess some of the advances would have to have happened on school grounds. She may be able to count the school trip. It’s the only idea I can come up with.

Does everyone think Jac is returning? I know he’s going to be away still for the funeral. Other than salon scenes and this recent, off screen, family emergency I kind of forget about him. I wonder if he’ll decide to stay in Cardiff and patch up or improve his relationship with his sister and rest of the family. I just feel like were seeing a bit more of Dylan lately. I like having a fresh face around and I wonder if he is coming in as Jac’s replacement.

I’m like Sian more and more with each episode. I love that the kids are finally warming up to her and see her, rightfully so, as a member of the family. I’m worried though about the stress of John’s ex being in town. His ex wife mentioned to John that she is the kids mother, not Sian. I’ve never gotten the impression that Sian considered herself a step mother to John’s grown children. This is a soap opera so I’m worried that the impending stress can be harmful for Sian and the baby. She isn’t on maternity leave yet either and she told John it was too early to be buying the bigger items for the baby.

1 Like

Even higher: he’s deputy head. And we heard recently that Jim is coming up for retirement, so presumably, Matthew is in with a shout for his job. So he’d have even further to fall in any scandal.

Ah Dylan. Is that the student? I keep forgetting his name. My bet is that Jac won’t come back.

Siân has been really good with John’s kids, in spite of all the odds! It’s a pity that the ex. had to come along and spoil things.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

So, Llio’s machinations aim to get Mathew to drop Sophie publically! His summing up of Sophie was all too true, but if he finds out the details of who broke a window etc. he’ll go off Llio too!
As for Chez John, of course Erin who so obviously takes after her mam is most anti her mam!
Rest hearung home truths. Not necessarily taking them in!

I can’t believe she’s really interested in Matthew, especially as Dylan also seems to be in on the plot, and maybe Carys also. So, does she want to get Matthew to officially dump Sophie, and then refuse him once he comes to her claiming his “reward”, thereby humiliating him?

It might be satisfying for a short time, but I can’t see it doing her personal or professional life much good.

I agree totally with you!

1 Like

I came across this article the other day:

About the various things that can go wrong on stag weekends, including death by various means.

It made me think of Kelvin, who went on a stag do that also ended rather badly for him, though in his case, it was the trip back rather than the stay itself.

1 Like

Fortunately, my son and his friends seem to have been relatively sensible (and haven’t gone abroad). In fact the most embarrassing behaviour on my son’s stag-do was, er mine. :slight_smile: Nothing dangerous, just embarrassing (and funny in retrospect). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So…Llio is conspiring with - damn, forgotten name of chap with specs, student teacher - clearly aiming pain at Mathew, but not sure of details. Thought Erin was bitch, but her Mam has been one for a lot longer! Actress peeps up when deceiving poor Will to check that he’s still under her spell. Poor Meic, trying so hard and out of depth! Any bright spots? Not currently!

Dylan I think, but yes, he is a bit forgettable. :slight_smile:

Seeing Phillip dressed up as a rabbit the other week was quite funny!
(but did he only agree to this because of his star-cross’d and hopeless infatuation with Lowri?)

(in my parent’s part of the world (north-west England), they used to refer to this kind of thing as “giving someone the glad eye”, which I think is kind of lovely. Haven’t heard it used for real for decades)

Wil’s new found relationship with his Mom reminds me of the “honeymoon” phase of a new relationship. Everything seems so magical and the person can do no wrong in your eyes. Wil has been quick to defend his Mom and accuse everyone else of not giving her a chance. He can seemingly forgive his Mom for abandonment but doesn’t seem to understand that everyone else in the family is hesitant and scared of being hurt again.

I don’t condone violence but Mags (I think that is her name) set herself up by being persistent with Erin and then having the nerve to ask for a hug. She is playing the victim, woe is me, role quite well. She has that same look in her eye as Megan did with Mr. Lloyd. Maybe they’re friends?

It was before my time but how long did Mathew and Lilo have an affair? Who broke it off? Has he always had these feelings for Lilo? Or is it more of him thinking he’s such a womanizer that every woman is attracted to him?

@mikeellwood you are better at remembering than me!

It was before my time as well, but I got the impression not that long before. There would be occasional hints about it, and I found an episode description referring to it on the RaR website. There is also a clip on Youtube, of what should have been Matthew and Siân’s wedding - but apparently she’d found out he and Llio had been having an affair, and announcded it in the most embarrassing way possible. So Matthew was two-timing then, and he’s trying to two time again, but this time, Llio isn’t having it.

Oh good; it’s still there:

3 Likes

Ooo lovely! Siân is no push over! And Mathew looks so upright and virtuous!, Bachgen drwg iawn yw e!

2 Likes

I think that is the best scene I’ve seen in R&R so far!

1 Like