Saith Seren, Wrecsam

The wonderfully talented Meilir Gwilym will be performing in y Saith Seren on the 16th (next Friday). Sadly, l will be working a night shift.

4 Likes

Another great night with almost 20 people there including a couple of new starters having done lessons since September, needless to say they had SSiW thrust down their throats for half the night.

Iā€™ve heard news of a field trip from Machynlleth coming on the 26th which Iā€™m looking forward to.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just had confirmation of the field trip from Machynlleth so Iā€™lll try to get a photo to post here later.

Iā€™m looking forward to tonight. :smile:

3 Likes

There you go. What a great night.

Thanks to @BronwenLewis, @helenlindsay and @Isata for having the enthusiasm to travel so far just for a little chat in Welsh. I hope it was worth the effort. :grinning:

7 Likes

Absolutely! Lovely place, great crowd (and I mean crowd) of exuberant Welsh speakers - what more could you want on a Monday night? Weā€™ve put our names down for the Christmas party alreadyā€¦

5 Likes

Well worth the effort! Diolch yn fawr iawn to you all!

5 Likes

Yes, a great evening, with real (not stilted) conversations and an invitation to the Christmas party! Thoroughly enjoyed myself and want to go again soon. Diolch yn fawr iawn!

3 Likes

Sorry I missed this!

1 Like

Wow, itā€™s been ages since Iā€™ve posted in here so, probably to most peopleā€™s annoyance, Iā€™m going to post again. I had quite a while off going because of a two week holiday and then loads of overtime covering other peopleā€™s holidays but I ventured back last week and again this week.

Iā€™m not sure if this bit would be better off in the ā€˜spreading the wordā€™ thread but thereā€™s a small group (3 people) who have decided to not go back to a classroom lesson (they really didnā€™t make the improvements they were hoping for) and are setting off down the SSiW route. Iā€™m excited to see their progress over the next few weeks and months.

The group is really going from strength to strength and seems to be about 20 regulars now. Thereā€™s always room for more though. Monday nights from 7:15 on. Turn up whenever, drink whatever, talk about whatever, leave whenever.

4 Likes

Absolutely awesome. SO keen to get over for one of these, one of these daysā€¦ :slight_smile:

You know youā€™ll always be welcome. Let me know when and thereā€™ll be a pint in for you.

1 Like

Be warned, sir. I plan on drinking two.

Then youā€™d better bring some money.

3 Likes

Last night there were another two new faces, one lady and her 18 week old baby. You see a different side of people when thereā€™s a tiny human in the room, wonderful to see.

Also I had a chat with one of the newish starters, sheā€™s been there a handful of times before but Iā€™d never had a good chance for a one on one before. It turns out sheā€™s been living on the same street as me for almost 3 years. THE SAME STREET! FOR 3 YEARS! I swear I go through life wearing a blindfold sometimes. Sheā€™s up to challenge 6 and doing really well. :slight_smile:

Happy times.

3 Likes

You know, given your distinctive facial adornment which appears in SSiW pics quite often, you are quite lucky that she did not come up to you and say, ā€œHelo, dw i wedi gweld dy ar y Forum!ā€

I am surprised that she didnā€™t say ā€œHelo, dwi wedi dy weld di ar y stryd!ā€ given that I either walk or drive past her house every day and have done for the last 3 years. :smile:

2 Likes

Do you live in a town? It would be hard to imagine in a village in Wales!

No, in a village but I guess she doesnā€™t spend all day waiting by the window just to nose at who goes past.

1 Like

in our village, the grape vine told who was moving in as soon as theyā€™d made an offer on the house. They got lots of visits during move, offering sustenance and help with finding useful help - builder, hairdresser, etc. Invites to village festivities, meetings etcā€¦! Oh, I just got friends dropping by, as i had been an honorary villager for years of staying with ā€˜auntieā€™!

Last night was really quite entertaining, maybe because there was actually less there, Iā€™m guessing because of the weather. There was an impromptu game of eye-spy, a chat about 80s music among other things, and a lot of laughs.

Iā€™m working nights for the next two weeks so Iā€™m going to miss it, gutted.

Please call down if you are in the area, itā€™s free. :slight_smile:

1 Like