Slack, Welsh Speaking Practice (WSP) - Event Listings

@ramblingjohn would you find this interesting?

1 Like

Get ready for the Cymanfa Ganu !
Croeso pawb i’r Cymanfa Ganu - dydd Sul, 30 Awst am 10:30 BST ( English below)

Dyma’r linc i ymuno. Launch Meeting - Zoom

Gofynnwn i ch gyd gadw ar ‘mute’ pan fydd unigolyn yn canu’r emyn. Bydd hyn yn amharu llai ar y sain. Bydd geiriau’r emynau i’w gweld ar y sgrin. Mwynhewch!

Above is the link to join the Cymanfa Ganu.
We ask everybody to stay on mute ( and sing as loud as you can!) when the individuals will be singing the hymns. This will interfere less with the quality of the sound. The words will be shown onscreen. We hope you enjoy!

Nia, Clare, Ceri, Sion, Andrew, Sarah, Fflur a Rolant

Another special Noson Lawen with guests @Iestyn and family, folk singer/ storyteller Mair Tomos Ifans and comedian Daniel Glyn . Everybody welcome …

3 Likes

Sgwrs a gêm am 2 pm, 14:00 BST heddiw…

1 Like

Tomorrow on Welsh Speaking Practice
This is the link to Noson Lawen https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83911028093![236E8D20-1F80-4D94-8BE9-915351765543|500x500](upload://udhYYwdWGVricHdUDYmtExJHf6d.png)

Helo Pawb,
Hello Everyone. I’m @MarcusWhitfield. I have been learning Welsh for 18 months and part of that I watch PYC and Rownd a Rownd. The important part of learning a language is the speaking it and finding chance to speak and practice. There is a group called Welsh Speaking Practice where learners chat to each other and some small groups chat about things in Welsh. Last year I started a chat on Monday nights about Pobl Y Cwm, We had around 10 people who would drop in from time to time and a normal evening would be about 5/6 people then lockdown happened. Next Monday 14th of September I am starting the chat group again. However, I have recently found this group so thought I would put a shout out here if people would like to join us. As I said I am just a learner myself and all levels are welcome or you can just join and listen. There are no teachers just people using welsh to talk about the show. Quite a few of us found it very useful as early conversations are often about I and You, talking about PYC meant we were practicising talking about he, she, and they in various patterns and tenses. If you would like to join us first of all you will need to join the welsh speaking practice group. To do that send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com and you will get an invite to join WSP. Everything is totally free. Once inside the site look for the section group chats and every monday at 7.25 I will be putting up the chat link from google hangouts. If any fluent speakers would enjoy talking about PYC you are most welcome. Even if you don’t fancy coming every week, it would be great if you would drop in one night in your spare time to give some of the learners the experience of someone fluent speaking the language.

S’mae @Cetra dw i

:slightly_smiling_face:

If you’re interested in gardening or nature, Sgwrs Garddio is a great place to come for a chat! We’re a small and friendly group who like to chat (and laugh!) about what’s going on in our gardens, gardening, plants and wildlife - and other things too! We’re meeting each week at 12pm on Fridays on Welsh Speaking Practice at the moment. We’re largely Welsh learners, so don’t worry if your gardening knowledge or vocab isn’t that wide - we’re trying to “grow” ours too! Everyone is welcome to join us - beginners are especially welcome and if you just want to listen, that’s fine too!

1 Like

A very special Noson Lawen this Friday!
Performing will be our very own talented people but also Mererid Hopwood, the first female to win the Chair in the National Eisteddfod! She will be reciting the ‘englyn’ she wrote for Adrian Chiles during Iaith ar Daith this year as well as a poem to mark the national Anti Slavery Day on October the 18th.

We will finish the evening with a song written for Shw Mae Su Mae day by Ken Thomas
Everybody welcome!
We will share the Zoom link in the forum on Friday

1 Like

A note from @lovefibre to everyone who’s interested :smile:
https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/crefft-a-sgwrs/29561?u=nia.llywelyn

Crefft a Sgrws
Weekly informal craft and chat group starts again this evening (7.30pm Cymru time) on Welsh Speaking Practice. Bring any craft you can do while chatting, or just turn up for a natter. Come for 40 minutes or pop in for a few minutes - it’s up to you. All welcome.

Recurring link for chat at 7.30pm GMT weekly on Thursdays: https://zoom.us/j/94537618658?pwd=RE1QZm9HK3VJTGI5NGNIUFpxN3hGUT09

If you’re asked for a password, it’s artcraft

Bush Gothic is described as the darker, stranger Australian folk music.

They collaborated with Welsh composer and fiddler Angharad Jenkins, exploring what it is to be Welsh, to be Australian, to be human, to be folk.

It’s a project which was suppose to see daylight at the National Eisteddfod of Wales this year.

Jenny Thomas from Bush Gothic started Say Something in Welsh three months ago and will be joining us early morning from Australia along side Angharad Jenkins from Calan and DnA. We’ll see performances of their songs via videos and they’ll be telling us all about this exciting project.

We’ll also be playing a song which Meinir Gwilym has recorded especially for the Noson Lawen. So please join us in our variety performance evening on the Welsh Speaking Practice this Friday at 7 pm, 19:00 GMT

1 Like

Link for Noson Lawen tonight @Hendrik @Daz @Susanne @jonathan simcock @miri Jenny
Diolch i bawb am gymryd rhan :star::star::star: thanks to everyone for taking part.

Everybody welcome https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84192717735?pwd=SkI3T0lQakFvS3NFejJ6TjJwTEE2Zz09

1 Like

Clonc a Chrefft gyda @lovefibre
Weekly informal craft and chat group on WSP at 7.30pm GMT today 26 November. Bring something to do as we chat, or simply turn up for a natter. Come for 40 minutes or pop in for a few minutes - it’s up to you. All welcome.

Link for chat at 7.30pm GMT: https://zoom.us/j/94537618658?pwd=RE1QZm9HK3VJTGI5NGNIUFpxN3hGUT09

If you’re asked for a password, it’s artcraft

Linc: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Nos Lun nesa! Next Monday night…8497CC48-D06B-4E8E-94E0-D2923E8D3C9B

1 Like

Come sing along in our Christmas Carol singing this Friday ( replacing Noson Lawen this month)
See you on Friday night at 7 pm , 19:00 GMT
Thanks to all our performers & special guest Tecwyn Ifan.
:star::star::star: here’s the link Launch Meeting - Zoom

2 Likes

Mastermind Cymru tomorrow night, 23 December at 21:100:
Gareth won our Mastermind on Welsh Speaking Practice back in the Summer and was persuaded to compete on Mastermind Cymru by…you know who! :smile:

Pob lwc Gareth!

2 Likes

Tomorrow night.
Everybody welcome :smile: