SSiW[sold out]Party in Caernarfon - 29/04/17 (follow for info + activities)

Thanks Aran. Thought that was the plan, but didn’t want to miss out!

1 Like

So, I paid through paypal and have an email receipt, and then the paypal site returned me to the Booking site, which still said “your booking is not complete until you have paid!” or something similar (rather than “hooray! you have a ticket!” or something like that)

Can I assume that if my payment has been received then I am booked in?

2 Likes

You certainly can - any hiccups, we’ll iron it out - but I can confirm you’re showing as booked for us. It’ll be good to see you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wrth fy modd :smile:

It was a bit hairy having my email and browser on different computers. When I started the process just after 9pm there appeared to be 28 tickets left - when I finished paying with PayPal there were only 10 left. But I appear to be in so it’s all good :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

It is entirely possible that I (and family) will be living in Gogledd Cymru by 29th April. Though it is also possible that such a move may not happen until later. It is likely to have to be closer to Wrecsam than to Caernarfon for the next year or two at least, but that will still be a lot closer than travelling from my current location dros y ffin in Bolton, Lancs.

1 Like

Sounds exciting! Good luck with it all… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Certainly excited at this end.

However, if I feel inclined to expand at length on this nearer the time, I will open a separate thread. I don’t want to overload this thread with detailed speculation as it is, of course, for the party. Looking forward to the Party already. Cyffrous iawn!

1 Like

Wow! That was a near thing! Busy with other arrangements, then needing to get to bed as I have an early start in the morning, I was brushing my teeth when I had a thought that I was supposed to be doing something at 9!! Quick dash to my computer to find only 4 tickets left and I needed 2! Then wasn’t sure if I had updated my details with PayPal as I hadn’t used them for so long! Panic over, 2 tickets booked and I can sleep for the next 6 and a half hours! Hopefully will be at the Aberaeron coffi and clonc in the morning!!

5 Likes

Fully booked. :birthday::tada:, :balloon::notes::guitar::toilet::panda_face:

I’ve no idea why there’s a panda at the party but I won’t discriminate.

3 Likes

Oh bollox, i appear to have booked after all. Last two tickets.

2 Likes

Yikes - that was, I think, a new record for how quickly the birthday party has sold out - and what a wonderful collection of superb SSiWers we’ve got coming - it’s going to be a bit of a night! :star: :star2:

If you didn’t get a place in time, it is still very much worth putting yourself on the waiting list, because most years there are at least one or two people who can’t make it - the waiting list operates on a first come, first served basis… :slight_smile:

Ooh, I’m really looking forward to this now! Come on, April, hurry up.

4 Likes

oh @*&%@£$!!! Completely forgot last night :sob:

maybe I’ll have to pop down and wave at you all through the door instead. :thinking:

me too, I thought today was Monday Doh!

So, the sacrifice of missing the end of “Silent Witness” paid off then. There I was, in front of the computer at 8.45, went onto the Forum five minutes later, and got a bit bog-eyed watching the screen and trying not to blink for ten minutes, in case I missed the post.
Fortunately I didn’t suffer the trauma some of you experienced as everything went like a well oiled clock and I’d got my Pay Pal email by a little after 9.05. (I ignored the bit which said that a payment was required, but checked my Pay Pal account just to make sure)
Delighted!!! It looks like being a fantastic night and we’re looking forward to it greatly. All I need to do now is to try to find a caravan site with a Welsh speaking owner close to Caernarvon so I can pitch my caravan up there for a week. Any suggestions @aran?

2 Likes

We’ll have an ask around - Catrin says that although it looks as though Coed Helen http://www.coedhelen.com/ isn’t run by Welsh speakers, it’s very popular with Welsh speakers, so might be an option… she’ll ask around on Facebook too and see if anyone has any recommendations… :slight_smile:

Argh - very sorry for the missers - do put your names down on the waiting list, because one or two of the tickets going to staff/family have got riders on them (people waiting to know about dates for operations, that sort of stuff) - so it is a genuine possibility that the odd spare place might crop up… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how do I put me on the waiting list? :pray:

1 Like

Same link:

https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201704291700/t44

and you should see a waiting list form (let me know if you don’t!)… :slight_smile:

1 Like

:+1: worked fine, I’m on the waiting list at least! (If all else fails, I’ll have to try saying I’m Meinir’s ‘roadie’ for the night :wink: )

4 Likes

Well i could hardly believe it. I got back from Saith Seren last night to see exactly two tickets left.

So booked them and a hotel near the castle.

Given the number of weekends i’m spending in Gwynedd I either need a holiday home or a new job pretty damn quick!

3 Likes

To be honest Siaron, I think that not all the bootcampers will want to spring for an extra night somewhere so you may be in luck.

3 Likes