The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Hi Arran, sadly I am unable to record on soundcloud. I cant see an option. Is there another way to complete the sentences please?

Hi @AndrewR

Are you using a phone or a computer?

Rich :slight_smile:

So sorry to hear that youā€™re having difficulties. If you have a look at the following message, you may find information/tips to help you navigate SoundCloud. Best of luck and let us know if you get stuck again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi rich I am using PC

1 Like

Hi @AndrewR

You can record on Voice Recorder on PC - then upload to Sound Cloud.

In the search bar on windows - if you start typing Voice Recorder it will appear as an option you can choose. See image below.

I can post a Step by Step guide to get it to Sound Cloud if this will help - let me know.

Find Voice Recorder on your PCā€¦you can do this by starting to type the name in the windows search barā€¦and start the applicationā€¦

You can record a file by pressing the microphone to both start and stop the recording. Personally I would rename it for ease of identification when loading it into Sound Cloudā€¦by right clicking on the default name (Recording I think)ā€¦
Before you switch to Sound Cloud just have a quick check of where the file has been saved by looking at the file locationā€¦

ā€¦just make a mental note of it for loading into Sound Cloudā€¦

Go to Sound Cloud and Click the Upload option at the topā€¦

ā€¦navigate to the file youā€™ve just recorded and upload itā€¦
ā€¦then save it in Sound Cloudā€¦

Sound Cloud then shows a screen where you can copy and paste a linkā€¦(right click on it - select copy)

Go to the forum - reply to a post or create a new one so the editor is open - and past the linkā€¦

1 Like

Hey thanks for the response Rich. I have quickly tried the voice recorder and it works fine. I will work through the sentences, record them, save to a file and then try upload them to sound cloud. Fingers crossed.
All the best

Andrew

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The ā€˜5 Minutesā€™ Test Going Pink :white_flower:

well Iā€™m afraid that Soundcloud on my iphone looks nothing like the one in the instructionsā€¦and having read all the hassles with it and wrestled with it for ages I am now deleting it and will forgo that poart of the learning process!

1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/user-572312129/5-min-test
Here is the link to my 5 minute test, iā€™m not sure if it workedā€¦
Sorry about my son shouting in the background in the first few seconds!

Hi,

I still canā€™t record on Soundcloud there is no option to record even when following your clear directions so after numerous attempts I am having to give up sorry

Kay

1 Like

Sorry for everyone having trouble with Soudcloud. I can imagine itā€™s frustrating. Unfortunately thereā€™s nothing we can do to control how SoundCloud works. But our tech department is working on something which would skip the need for SSiWers to be using SoundCloud to record. Weā€™ll let you know as soon as itā€™s ready. :slight_smile:

Otherwise if you guys want to listen to each other saying your sentences over Skype/Zoom/Phonecall, Iā€™m happy for this to be an alternative solution to your soundcloud recording. :wink:

1 Like

I canā€™t find a recording in your link unfortunately, Kate. But Iā€™ll give you your red badge anyway. :slight_smile:

Thank you :slight_smile: I will see if I can figure it out and I will post it here :slight_smile:

I think this one will work. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

No idea if this right or will work.

1 Like

Here we are folks!

Hi @kay-richmond

What are you using - eg PC or an iPhone? I have done a step by step guide for these two options so farā€¦so could send you the link if appropriate - or are you using something else?

Hi @jane27

There is a step by step guide for an iPhone - click here