The SSi Growth Club

And #62 and #63 up and waiting for you… :slight_smile:

[No lambs were hurt in the making of these podcasts…]

2 Likes

Well, I wanted to make this week another 4x, but events have somewhat overtaken me…

Here, though, are #64 and #65 for you.

And - any feedback, good or bad, makes it more interesting for us, which = easier to keep going! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch! I hope you’re having a good trip!

It is hard to keep thinking of yet another 5 min topic - but especially after meeting you all, I enjoy just hearing the latest mini-episode of the soap opera of the Jones. It reminds me of real life going on in Welsh up in your neck of the woods. That inspires me to speak more Welsh with my kids, which is relatively unusual here.

(That’s my next big question - now that I’ve learnt enough Welsh to be able to see the thing from the inside, what do I really want my long term language strategy to be with the kids? I always feel chuffed when I actually feel like making the effort!)

1 Like

This strengthens my suspicion that there are plenty of people joining Catrin in laughing at my various misfortunes…:wink:

1 Like

“Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re NOT laughing at you” :laughing:
Seriously @aran, we’re laughing WITH you. :wink:

2 Likes

Two more Growth Club recordings up there today (ahem, meant to publish them last week, but didn’t get the transcripts done in time :flushed: ).

Ymlaen!

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay! Mixture of ill health for people and for computers… but we should be back on track from now on…:slight_smile:

And today, #68 is waiting for you, and once I’ve picked the kids up, I think I’m going to be taking the meat of it onto the open forum… you’ll see why… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to that - the bits I understood were inspired! I suspect Catrin’s brain is wired differently to most people’s, and keeps sparking ideas…

1 Like

That was Bronwen saying that, @CatrinLliarJones, NOT me. NOT me.

1 Like

Ahem. :flushed:

No, we’re alive, honest!

It’s just been a slightly hectic couple of months…:wink:

But #69 and #70 are now up and waiting for you - with apologies - and Catrin has committed in public (well, on recording!) to doing two a week from now until Christmas…

Yes, that’s the sound of wheels moving again… :wink:

4 Likes

We know this.

I hope some peace comes into your life. It seams like “hectic months” just don’t want to stop being hectic anymore.

May I mention that direct download is not enabled for those two neither for audio nor for transcript. The player opens no matter where you click and only from there you can download. The same guilts for transcript. In-browser PDF reader opens and only then you have the chance to download the transcript. I remember that previous sessions could be downloaded directly from the page without opening anything.

I hope the time suits you. …

Pob lwc.

1 Like

I ran into the same thing when I went to download them. But I finally figured out that I could right-click on the download link and “save link as …” got it downloaded to the place on my computer where I wanted it. Just FYI.

Where are the transcripts?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, @tatjana and @Sionned - I haven’t done anything differently, but it may be about a switch in hosting structures - @kinetic, could you have a check of this for consistency with previous behaviour? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I downloaded and listened to #69 and #70 at about 14:30 today on my phone with no problems at all.

Sorry if this just sounds like a brag. :smile:

1 Like

It’s probably just the thingy with computers not phones.

Transcripts are below the recordings here

but those who are paying GBP10 will not have them unfortunately.

Obviously I was too tired or to anxious to download it all to remember doing this. Well, I just went “oldfashioned” way and downloaded all through opened player and reader. :slight_smile: I mentioned this just as I know some people could be confused. :slight_smile:

Something (minor) seems to have changed with the download links - I just had to long click them on my phone, as opposed to just click. More significantly, I had a panicked support call from my dad last week that the download link didn’t work anymore… (Yes, both my dad and my husband are finally hooked!!) Needless to say, we talked through right clicking without any trouble, but there may be other confused people out there.

Oh yes, and how was the pizza? (Or are you keeping us in suspense?) :smile:

Tagging @kinetic :slight_smile:

The pizza was startlingly good! Catrin promises to share pictures soon…:wink:

1 Like

Pizza was surprisingly delicious Diolch!

Photos to follow…

2 Likes

The pizza you published on Facebook?

Even unbaked looked yummy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was indeed due to our recent change of hosting provider for the lessons and other downloadable files! I had a look late last night when I saw this, and I couldn’t see what was wrong at the time, but today I’ve figured out was happening to you all, and I think I fixed it :slight_smile: For now this is just a temporary fix to the mp3s which are currently up there for the growth club, but I’ll try to sort out a more permanent fix next week, before Aran releases the next one :slight_smile:

4 Likes