The SSi Growth Club

Good idea. Although I have a phone and no pc. Is there an app?

Google is your friend:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=app+for+splicing+mp3s&rlz=1CAZZAD_enGB678GB679&oq=app+for+splicing+mp3s&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l2.5471j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Diolch Aran, I’ve decided to work through them steadily and make a list of any words I have to look up. I might even post them here as I go if it’s ok.

2 Likes

First two … not as many words as I thought to be fair and I may well have misheard them.

Rhifyn 1. Tagging and tracking sheep.
Anghysbell = remote.

Rhifyn 2. Rugby.
Argoeliedig = superstitious.
Fochynaidd = swinish/toxic.
Nid da lle gellir gwell = don’t rest on your laurels (lit. It’s not good where it can be done better).

1 Like

Who said that?!

Both of you although I did say I may well have misheard but that’s what it sounded like.

Once it sounded like “argoeliedigwy” but I couldn’t find that in any dictionary.

Edited to add: Sorry, just Catrin said it when talking about James Hook but it doesn’t make sense in context.

Rhifyn 3. The world of nature.
Rhywogaethau = species
Lledaenu = spread
Nico = goldfinch

Rhifyn 4. Growing up on Pen Llšn.

Rhifyn 5. Aurora Borealis.
Chwilfrydig = inquisitive.

Rhifyn 6. SSiW: the early days.

Rhifyn 7. Calan Gaeaf.
Ysfa = craze.
Llwydo = to turn grey/go mouldy.

Perhaps I should compile the list for myself and not put it on here. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Oh please do, if you’re making it. I remember those ones, and looking up a few of those words!

1 Like

Fair enough. Thanks. I don’t want to annoy anyone by doing it. Hopefully I’ll catch up in a day or three and do it as and when posted. Obviously it’s most useful to us £10ers.

1 Like

Yes please keep the list on here. It’s very helpful. Thank you.

2 Likes

Rhifyn 8. Adrian Cain (SSiManx).
Darparwr = provider

Rhifyn 9. The wedding dress/Beuno’s birthday.

Rhifyn 10. Breakfast.

Rhifyn 11. SiĂ´n Corn.

Rhifyn 12. Nadolig.
Cledrau = rails/tracks (train).

Rhifyn 13. Star Wars.
Grym = force.

1 Like

It’s tricky, because of course the £20 supporters are (very partially) rewarded with the full transcript - so it’s kind of biting into the urge to support more, and also (more uncomfortably) making the £20 supporters look as though they’re getting less of a good deal…

Having said that, we’re going to be closing the doors to the Growth Club in the very near future (this week, if Ifan’s time permits, or next week) - and then in the not TOO distant future, we’re hoping to be able to dig out a permanent reward that should give a real thank you to the select crew who have helped us keep going for long enough to have a real shot at take-off… :slight_smile:

So as long as no £20 supporters express any disgruntlement, I’m good… :slight_smile:

On which note, I suspect your ‘argoeliedig’ might have been ‘argyhoeddiedig’ - convinced - how does that work in the context?

Mochynaidd is specifically of (usually male) behaviour - sleazy - Trump is mochynaidd, for example…:wink:

Ysfa - also ‘urge’.

1 Like

Perfectly, thank you. As soon as I heard it after your suggestion I could hear it but before I couldn’t hear anything else but what I said. Funny how the mind works.

Yeah, I get that now too, you were calling yourself sleazy for forcing a decision, makes sense now.

Brilliant, as soon as any disgruntlement is expressed I will delete them all. No problem and no argument at all.

1 Like

You tease! I hope that means you’re feeling better.

I’m glad things are happening because I’ve lost the plot. I haven’t noticed the monthly update about SSi for nearly a year now, and I’d love to know what’s happening with the amazing SSiBorg which I thought would mean courses in new languages (especially endangered ones?) could get published more quickly. And what about all those inspired ideas to encourage a million Welsh speakers?

1 Like

I’m up to number 25 now so just a couple of things …

Rhifyn 15. The new dog.
There’s a word that is used to describe the dog that I don’t understand, something like “addafwyn”.
In context: “natur eitha addafwyn ac annwyl”.

Rhifyn 19. The new dog part 3.
Ymrwymo = recognise (as in to recognise when the dog needs a pee).

Rhifyn 23. The home situation.
Ar y cyd = jointly/in tandom

Rhifyn 24. Damp house / holiday.
Dydd Gwener y Groglith = Good Friday.

Rhifyn 25. Beatrix Potter.
Hunangynhaliol = self-sufficient.

1 Like

No, that’s my fault - don’t think there’s been one for six or seven months - just been a bit drowned in general (and got slightly bored of saying ‘the SSiBorg isn’t quite ready yet’!).

I’ll dig out the time for a ‘state of SSi’ post next week. We’ve got some stuff coming down the pipes that I think might make a big difference… :slight_smile:

Addfwyn - gentle, mild… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course it is, thank you. I’ve heard that word loads of times and even looked it up in the past. I’ll put that down to a brain fart.

1 Like

And… although it looked against the odds while we were struggling to get two children to attend their karate class… this week’s Clwb Tyfu is up and waiting for you - blwyddyn newydd dda, bawb! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Managed to get a few more done this morning …

Rhifyn 26. Gardens.
Helyg(en) - willow.

Rhifyn 27. Northern bootcamp 2016.
Melltith - curse.

Rhifyn 28. New house part 1.
Erw - acre.
Cyfareddu - to charm.

Rhifyn 30. Mortgage.
Trylwyr - thorough.
Chwim - swift.
Hunangyflogedig - self-employed.
Ffyddiog - strong in faith/confident.