The SSiW Annual Party 2018 - June 2nd - JOIN THE HANGOUT!

Helo bawb!

We have just finished farming dog and kids out to various places and are on the road. Out ETA is about 4pm barring any hiccups. We will be going straight to the venue to deposit cake, then to the hotel to unwind and do some essentials ironing. We probably won’t be able to make any pre party meet ups - we’ve had quite a hectic morning nd will be glad of the chance to rest after the long journey. See you at the party!

2 Likes

May pop in to that then - but I’ll have to try and remember to look here instead of on Slack!

1 Like

Slight hiccup. Yr Atom is closed. I’m waiting outside in case people come.

Change of plan … Time Out cafe on the next street.

I warned Aran & Dee yesterday that I had not been able to shake off my cold and may well be unable to attend the party today. Unfortunately, I am no better today and wlould hate to spread my plague among the party-goers especially our quebecois “chums”. That would not be a good souvenir of Wales

I am really disappointed to miss @jeanfrancoisjoubert and his group because I was looking forward to reminiscing about their wonderful Province and also because I had prepared a 40 minute welcoming speech which you and they will no longer be able to enjoy. :laughing:

Thanks to Dee’s suggestion, I’ll to get up from my bed of affliction and “hango mas” with some of you this evening.

Hoping to see you (virtually) later / à tantôt / tan toc
Huw

2 Likes

Hope you get well soon, Huw.

Also that you all found somewhere to keep cool.

We will be with you later. Looking forward to it. Disgwyl ymlaen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the hangout still on? I’ve nstalled the android app in readiness. HUW J

They didn’t post link yet and I believe it will be a bit forgotten to post it …

Diolch Tatjana that makes sense but it’s a good sign the party is going well. :laughing:

Reit, I’m off to rub goose gease on my chest, wrap a sweaty sock round my neck and see if I can spot @tahl in the Washington rugby crowd.

I hope, no I’m sure the party is going brilliantly. :smile:

Hope the party goes better than the match in Washington DC … :frowning: :slight_smile:

I can’t see there being many converts to the sport in the US after this show. :frowning:
Edit: FT Wales 22 SA 20 - at least we got the result

1 Like

So gutted to have to have missed tonight! We were hoping to arrive at the party at about 7 to 7.30 because Lara was working at the Urdd.

The pickup lorry that was due to arrive onsite at about 5 didnt make it onto site until
8 and then on the way home one of our convoy party had a flat tyre which resulted in us having to play the hero role in pitch black darkness.

So instead of pulling into Carmarthen at about 7.30 we actually got back to Aber at about 23.30!!

Sorry all. Hope everyone had a great time!?

2 Likes

We’d never really know since hangout link was never posted … Hope there flows a lot of sparkling wine and that cake is absolutely sweet and glorious tasting! We’ve got our piece of the cake whitnesing Wales winningn the game at the end …

Oh, and everything is OK at your end now @Nicky.

1 Like

Everything all OK! The girl with the flat tyre was quite young so she was a bit more emotional about the whole situation after a long working week and being in the pitch black.somewhere between Rhayader a day Aberystwyth!

3 Likes

Thanks again Dee and all for such a lovely party. Glenda and I really enjoyed it and also meeting so many fellow SSiWers.:smiley:

1 Like

'Warae teg met. :grinning: You did the right thing. Sorry to have missed you both though.

You’re spot on there, @tatjana, I’m a bit ashamed to say. We were so busy making sure everything was going OK, and that everyone got the right food, and that everyone had a ticket to get a free drink from the bar ready for the toast, that towards the end of the evening when Iestyn turned to me and said “We forgot to get the hangout going”, I couldn’t even think what he was talking about for a second, but it was too late by then.

So, very sorry everyone if I kept you waiting for nothing. It was also a shame you couldn’t all hear Mererid Hopwood’s interesting and inspiring welcoming address as well. Without any prompting from us at all, she announced that “mistakes are to be savoured” when learning a language, and the more you make, the more you are learning. I could see Iestyn beaming from the other side of the room!

All in all, it seemed to go pretty well, and everyone enjoyed themselves, so that’s the main thing.

Diolch yn fawr iawn to all of you who managed to come along and make it such a great evening.
Sorry that @HuwJones, @Nicky and @LaraRobs weren’t able to make it. You were missed!

4 Likes

Yup. I know how these things work so maybe next time it’s better not to announce anything at all. :slight_smile:

So, very sorry everyone if I kept you waiting for nothing

Oh please do not apologise! The work you did for this event and everything else you do for SSi deserves nothing but our unbound appreciation.

Speakinfg personally, I’m actually glad you proposed the hangout and not at all surprised that, with everything, else going on, the “missing link” was missing. :smile:

3 Likes