Virtual choir opportunity for SSiWers

Wow! Count me in - I can sing in Unison!
Am alto, but if too tricky for me to learn that part - I may take a deep breath and morph into soprano.
DIOLCH !

1 Like

Diolch Mary, the words are in here somewhere if you’d like to scroll up.

Yes please

1 Like

Fao all bass singers, last night I posted sound files of the bass vocals so you could learn the harmony. These are the backing tracks that you will need to use to record.

Superb organisation, Ceri. This project deserves to be a great success. :clap:

1 Like

I’ve checked your instructions and FAQs but still need to ask this - sorry.
As a bass, should I send a separate track for each verse?
(@Iestyn sings bass tidy - chware teg :smile:)

I’d love to be involved too. I’m a music teacher so can hold a tune!

1 Like

Dw i’n cytuno am Iestyn! Ond pwy dweud oedd Iestyn yn gwneud o :joy:. Anyway, I think the bass tracks you can use to record are in two halves. So practise with the track called Dyma Gariad Bass Loud. When you come to record use these two tracks: Dyma gariad backing for bass verse 1 and Dyma Gariad backing for bass verse 2. Hope that makes sense. Feel free to browse through the tracks under my name in Soundcloud and you’ll see explanations in the individual tracks.

I’ll have a go -was an alto in school many years ago

1 Like

Have you got link to download audacity on a Mac?

I would bet my boots that Iestyn at least did the “bass loud” track. :smile:
I’ve understood everything about which tracks I should record to, but my question was, do you want one sound file for verse 1 and a separate sound file for verse 2. I’m guessing you do.

1 Like

Try this link :smile:

1 Like

Diolch Huw

Yes would like to be involved but not a great singing voice.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love this song so much but don’t think my voice is good enough. I am also unreliable I’m afraid. But, it’s a wonderful project and I am astounded at how the folk on YouTube manage to avoid the time lag problem, with so many people taking part!
Good luck with this Ceri and I would be most interested in the result. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I am hoping to join in with this. Just trying to figure out the logistics of listening to the track and recording at the same time (and not sneezing, bloody hayfever!)

It’s such a great project. Da iawn i ti Ceri <3

2 Likes

All the bass is Iestyn. Yes two separate tracks is fine. I didn’t want you to have a long gap to worry about. Thanks Huw

1 Like

Have a look at Audacity. I haven’t used it in a while but Iestyn suggested it and @Hendrik also thinks it’s good option. Let me know if you need any help.

Feel free to have a go if you’d like to. With enough people individual voices won’t be heard :slight_smile: The youtube projects aren’t live. Is that what you mean? People send in their videos or recordings just like we are doing so there isn’t a time lag issue.

1 Like

This is backing track to use for recording the tenor part - same track for males or females who want to sing the tenor part.

1 Like