Welsh Music Videos and Audio Files

I’m only just getting into Welsh modern music and surprised at how much there is to discover !

1 Like

I was just listening to Radio Cymru and I had to rewind and listen to this again. I recorded it on my phone to do a Goggle search as I couldn’t find it and couldn’t understand what was being said. This is gorgeous.

3 Likes

Lovely performance.

I love this song too. It features on Al Lewis’ new CD which is Te yn y Grug. Al composed the music for the show of the same name which was performed at the Eisteddfod last year and Glain Rhys was one of the cast. Leisa Gwenllian (daughter of Beca Brown) also starred in it and talks about it in some of the SSIW advanced material. It’s based on the book of the same name by Kate Roberts. They televised the show a while ago but not sure if it’s still available to watch. Al had started a tour, performing music from the album just before lockdown so most didn’t happen. I had tickets for the Pwllheli performance but it was cancelled. Hoping he continues with it once normality returns. :smiley:

1 Like

Hyfryd/ Lyfli / Lovely!

4 Likes

I love this, the musical arrangement of the first song took me back to the Western Highlands and Islands of Scotland while the lyrics brought me to Wales. Two of my favourite destinations.

I live watching Dai Jones iand listening to his singing…difficult to pick a favourite but this one comes to mind

1 Like

Posted today (3rd June 2020)by Cynefin on Facebook:
Tua blwyddyn yn ôl, ar ddiwrnod gwlyb o haf fel heddiw, treuliais amser yn ffilmio gyda Lauren Everett. Mi oedd hi wedi dod yr holl ffordd o’r UD i wneud ffilm am Gymru, gwreiddiau, hiraeth a llawer mwy…

Ta waith, fe lwyddon ni gael y fersiwn gweithredol hwn o Ffarwel I Aberystwyth yn Capel Y Graig yn Eglwysfach. Am ddarn o lwc bod y ceir tu allan yn swnio fel tonnau’r môr - mwynhewch!

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

Only on Level 1/week 8/Challenge 7 but loved this recording although I don’t understand most of the words

Thankyou @nicola-loveridge, that’s just reminded me why I need to listen to more Steve Eaves! Love the sounds he makes.

Hi, perhaps a bit ‘experimental’, but here’s something that I was commissioned to write and record for the National Library of Wales using archival content. The YouTube video should start at the music, but there’s also a couple of minutes with me talking at the start. Really interesting project.

For anyone interested check out Recordiau Prin, based in North Wales. They release some really interesting music from Wales, Dave Datblygu is on the label as well as myself, but all kinds of things are done as limited runs. Really good to support local labels - I really like Heligoland on this release, it uses shipping records from Aberystwyth Harbour and was performed at Storiel in Bangor before the lockdown, with an audience! I think that the image should act as a link https://recordiauprin.bandcamp.com/album/the-loss-of-one

Trials of Cato playing at the Celtic Festival in Lorient https://www.facebook.com/LwpS4C/videos/299428444617463/?extid=Pg0VyT99DQK564pl&d=null&vh=e

Please, does anyone know of Plethyn and this absolute classic ‘Lawr y Lon’
Surely I cannot be the only one

2 Likes

Taliesin wyf fi
Perffaith fy ngherdd i
Canaf hyd ddydd y farn
Fi yw Taliesin
Rwy’n deall dirgelion
Pam bod buwch yn gorniog a dynes yn chwannog
Pam bod halen yn hallt a barf ar fyn gafr
Pam bod llaeth yn wyn a’r egroes yn goch
Pam bo’r hydd yn frith