What's outside

Wow Sionned eira already?
Where is this?

1 Like

Mid-Missouri, USA

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Our friends have just been to Texas, and said that it was really cold as they left the plane (airplane).

1 Like

And Texas is a lot further south than here!

2 Likes

Heddiw - Today.

Melyn y rhafnwydd (yn barod i gaeafgysgu) - Brimstone (ready to hibernate).

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

Heddiw - Today.

Tafod yr hydd - Hart’s tongue.

CyrnGwyn
Cyrn gwyn - Candle snuff fungus.

Coes las y coed - wood blewit.

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

Butterflies and moths (gwyfynod heulwen?)

7 Likes

Palmant o dan y fferm
Limestone pavement under farmland, near Barry.

5 Likes

I was in my little workshop yesterday morning when it was really cold. Mid-morning it started to rain; these structures grew from the balls of moss on the garage roof. They looked like giant sundews made of ice.

Also, the windows glazed over so that they looked like the obscure glass you would use in a bathroom.

Raymond

8 Likes

Heddiw - today.

Dryw eurben - Goldcrest. (still trying to get a reasonable photo of this great little bird).

Cheers J.P.

10 Likes

Life has been getting in the way of my contributions here of late, but I’ve just enjoyed a scroll through of some great pics. I agree, the dryw eurben is such a lovely little bird @ramblingjohn. I’ve been trying to spot crossbills whilst in West Oxon for a couple of days but no luck seeing them let alone getting a picture.

2 Likes

Limestone pavement
[/quote]

Did anyone just see Iolo Williams programme about the Yorkshire Dales and the limestone pavements? I’m pretty sure it was Calchbalmant.

1 Like

Today we went for Banksy & Chips.

10 Likes

Ffwng bore Nadolig - not sure which one. It was growing in grass but in a location where there are likely to be old roots of horse-chestnut(?) trees removed a year or two ago.

At last I remembered to get the gills as well - diolch @ramblingjohn for the tip!

6 Likes

I Your ffyngau Nadolig maybe velvet shanks - coesyn melfed @johnwilliams_6. Just a guess.

Leafy brain fungus today - ymennydd deiliog heddiw

5 Likes

I agree (tried to get a photo of one today for comparison but failed):sleepy:

Heddiw - today.

Titw tomos las - Blue tit.

Cheers J.P.

8 Likes

Diolch @pippapritchard @ramblingjohn !

2 Likes

Heddiw - today.

Carw mwyntjac - Muntjac deer.

Cheers J.P.

9 Likes

Thank you John and all the other contributors on this topic for your lovely photographs and observations this past year and Happy snapping in 2019.

8 Likes

Ŵyn newydd yn mwynhau y tywydd mwyn heddiw. New lambs enjoying the mild weather today.

9 Likes