Heddiw - Today.

Twyllwr piws - Amathyst deciever.

Cheers J.P.

8 Likes

Seen close to roots of a line of Cupressus/Cypress trees

Perhaps a type of Ink cap - Cap inc ?

Another one I’ve seen before but can’t remember the name of :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The top ones look like common ink caps, the lower pleated ink caps.
drw gen i , dim enw cymraeg gyda fi.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Diolch J.P.! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wnes i weld dail yr hydref pan wnes i fynd am dro ddoe. Oedd y lliwiau yn hardd.

I saw autumn leaves when I went for a walk yesterday. The colors were beautiful.

(My Welsh feels a bit rusty as I have not been able to concentrate on it in the pandemic. :slightly_frowning_face: I hope it is close to being correct!)

7 Likes

Keeping to the ink cap theme:
Coprinus comatus
Shaggy inkcap
Welsh name?

6 Likes

Coprinus picaceus
Magpie Ink Cap (at least I think so.)
Welsh name?

5 Likes

Yes, Magpie inkcap - cap inc du a gwyn in Welsh!

2 Likes

Shaggy inkcap is cap inc aflêr, but this looks more like a Midden inkcap to me - Coprinus sterquilinus, cap inc y domen

1 Like

Thank you, @siaronjames. That’s great.
Yes, they were a bit small for cap inc aflêr come to think of it.
Sue

1 Like

@AnnaC - those are lovely. We have some nicely turning trees here (mid-Missouri, US) now too.

And this morning on the way to the grocery store I had to stop and take a picture of this gorgeous sunrise:

(The colors wash out some when I take a photo, but it was really spectacular!)

4 Likes

Cimwch yr afon! :slight_smile: (White Clawed Crayfish)

9 Likes

That’s gorgeous - I’m sure the colors were spectacular in person!

1 Like

Heddiw - Today.

Picellwr Rhuddgoch - Red darter.

Coesyn rhychog gwyn - White hellvela.

Cheers J.P.

5 Likes

If anyone is outside in Wales, maybe you could help with the Water Vole Recovery Project by reporting sightings of water voles, mink and rats? :slight_smile: https://www.mammal.org.uk/science-research/prosiect-adfer-llygod-y-dwr-yng-nghymru/![LBYD|569x500](upload://v35frF9p7qup6hVDOWUgCsToliH.jpeg)

3 Likes

Xylaria hypoxylon (?)
Candlesnuff or stagshorn fungus

Sue

5 Likes

A regular visitor to my garden this year has been this jackdaw. I get lots of jackdaws, but this one’s special. This is Jac-Un-Troed.

11 Likes

Another - not so regular - visitor is this one. Not sure what it is though - @Cetra help!

8 Likes

That’s a juvenile starling - very handsome! :slight_smile: Drudwen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah! I wondered if it might be from the shape of its head, but I’ve never seen a juvenile before, and starlings don’t usually come to the garden. Brilliant! Diolch Cetra :slight_smile:

3 Likes