Yorkshire Learners Group

Noswaith dda Gethin,

Mae 'na Gymdeithas Yr Iaith Gymraeg yn Leeds ac mae 'na hyn hefyd sydd grŵp Say Something In Welsh - dwi’n aelod o’r ddau.

Galla i anfon y ddolen ar gyfer y cyfarfod ar ddydd Sadwrn atoch chi os ydych chi isio ac y ddolen i 'r dudalen Weplyfr CYIC Leeds.

Rich

Good evening Gethin,

There’s a Welsh Language Society in Leeds and there’s a Say Something In Welsh group - I’m a member of both.

I can send you the link for the Saturday meeting if you want and the link to the Leeds CYIG Facebook page.

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

Gwych! Mae hŵn yn swnio’n ardderchog! Diolch Rich! Nes i adael Facebook blynyddoedd yn ôl, ond dwi’n chwilfrydig efo cyfarfod ar lein ar dydd sadwrn. D’ach chi angen fy cyfeiriad e-bôst? Neu ydi o’n rhywbeth ar y forwm hyn?

1 Like

Dwi’n gallu anfon neges prifeit atoch chi nawr trwy’r fforwm 'ma.

I can sent you a private message via this forum.

Sat 15th at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…

Topic

• What are your bad habits? :roll_eyes:
  • What is your favourite book, film and/ or podcast? :thinking:

Last week/ Next week…

What’s happening with you at the moment?

Kids Joke to finish

…see if you can find one which works in Welsh.

Rich :slight_smile:

Sat 22nd at Noon

Everyone welcome - let me know and I’ll send the link! Everything is just for fun - listen if you like! :sunny:

….if you send me topic suggestions, I’ll put them on the list and they’ll come up in future weeks…

Topic

• If you had a choice of going for a drink with anyone from history to the present day (I.e. whether they are dead or alive) who would it be? :thinking:

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 29th at Noon

Carys is in the chair this week! :dancer: although I will probably be lurking in the wings for technology reasons (long story!).

Topic

• What picture is important to you and why?

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 5th at Noon

Chrissie is in the chair this week! :dancer:

Topic

A topic/ question from Eileen this week (diolch yn fawr :slightly_smiling_face:):

• If you want to strengthen the Welsh language what can/ could you do?

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 12th at Noon

Topic

• How do you use Welsh during the Week?

• What is helping you progress/ keep your Welsh going ?

• Is there one thing or something that is more useful ?

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Hi, what sort of level is required? I’m some way through the Duolingo course but Duolingo (for Welsh at least) only has listening, reading and writing so I’ve no idea how good my spoken Welsh is. Relatively bad I should imagine.

Assuming me being all beginner won’t ruin your vibe could you send me the link please? I’m in Sheffield and don’t drive so wouldn’t be able to make every week but I think I can this Saturday, assuming there’s one one

1 Like

Hi James,

All levels welcome. It’s a great chance to say a few words / have a go in a friendly environment and to listen to others doing the same. The reason we have a subject is so that people can at least have a think about something to say but there is no pressure.

I’ll send you the link.

Sat 19th at Noon

Topic

• What is your favourite food and why ?

• What food do you hate and why?

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 26th at Noon

Topic

• Tell us anything connected with St David’s Day - past or present…

• A slice of history perhaps…are you doing something this year…or something that used to happen in your area - traditions and activities…

• Noson lawen, toddlers in traditional uniform, feast / buffets, daffodils, leeks etc - make something up, anything :grin:

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 5th at Noon

Topic

…some quick questions , some deeper topics!:

• Favourite pancake topping(s)?.. make any this year?

• St David’s day update - did you do anything special? …

• As Learner Of The Year starts - do you ever stop being a learner? What are milestones for a learner? What does fluent mean?

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 12th at Noon

Topic

• What have you tried or done recently which is new to you - in whatever form or sense you want!
  • Tell us something about it - the experience - was it/ is it good? Not good?
  • is it something you will continue with - or would try again?

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 19th at Noon

Topic

So, almost exactly a year since we completed the census data and with those magical numbers for the number of Welsh speakers still lurking in the unannounced results:

• Does more need to be done to increase the uptake of the Welsh Language - or is it ‘in hand’?
  • What are the important things that are going on that (will) make a difference?
  • Is there more/ something else can be done? Is the future secure - what is that future?

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 26th at Noon

Topic

Caroline is in the chair this week! :dancer:

• Summarise the plot of something you have read - Welsh or English - or potentially watched - in five sentences or less :thinking:

• Spoiler alerts may be required! :grin:

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 2nd at Noon

Topic

• What is your favourite thing or things at the moment…or something that makes you happy?

• it could be an activity, an object - an idea or the the thought of doing something…a book, TV series, hobby, something you’ve learned, times with friends or relatives - anything you like.

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 9th at Noon

Topic

• What words or sayings do you like - or really annoy you? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

• How about those words or things that used to trip you up - better? Worse?! :grin:

• Any new stumbling blocks? (That’s progress!)

Last week/ Next week…

Kids Joke to finish

Sat 16th at Noon

Topic - Turn up and Talk!

There is no topic this week - and there is no chair - it might be the best thing ever. Let me know how it goes!

Helo, a oes yna unrhyw beth yn digwydd ar y foment yn Leeds? Dwi’n dod o Gymru ac yn chwilio i pobol i ymarfer yr iaith a chwrdd efo yn Leeds!