Can we get a group set up in Northampton?

Some of the Coventry/Rugby group might be interested - Coventry isn’t a million miles away! @TrevorJones2 @mintonman @david-davies @lornarhodes

1 Like

It is if you travel by London Northwestern!!

1 Like

I live about 40 mins away from Northampton by car (Southam) so would love to hear how this develops. Saturdays would be best for me and I’m afraid I’d probably be a part timer (seem to spend a lot of time as Dad’s taxi service at the moment!)

1 Like

Incidentally @Leeharper1 @aaltinaharminawalker from our experience in the Coventry group, if there are still two of you I would still recommend going ahead with the meetups. We had two people for a long time and it was actually very helpful because you then get one-to-one conversation practice for the whole session and you can’t switch off. Once it got about that there was a regular meeting, new people started to come. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True any chance to practice with somebody else has to be good thing

1 Like

Dear Northampton learners, Have you seen Glynn Hughes’s forum thread?

https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/any-learners-in-northants

Glynn and I are meeting up on the 13th August down my way (Harlington, Beds) for a walk followed by the village pub, but our next meet up with by Northamptonshire. You’re welcome to join us on 13th if you fancy it.

1 Like

If you ever arrange something for North Northamptonshire please let me know. I’m Leicester based, so Beds is probably a bit too far for me

1 Like

Jan, Is there still a group that meets in MK?

Glynn from Northamptonshire and I met in MK and have posted a link to the details of our next meet up below.

Dunstable is a bit too far away for me (I am 83 now) but if a group were started in Northampton I would definitely be interested in joining.

1 Like

Here is some more information about the Welsh walk that @rhiannon-meades mentioned:

Join us for an afternoon walk from Harlington to Sharpenhoe Clappers (c. 5.5 miles) while practising our Welsh followed by drinks and food at The Carpenters Arms in Harlington.

Taith Cerdded Harlington i Sharpenhoe Clappers (c. 5.5milltir) a wedyn The Carpenters Arms. Meet at the Harlington Village Car Park (opposite the Carpenters Arms) Sundon Road, Harlington, Dunstable, LU5 6LS.

1pm Saturday 13th August

See this other thread as well: Any learners in Northants?

Hi Rhiannon,
I no longer live in Milton Keynes, but sometimes join in with the MK Cylch Siarad group that now meets online via Zoom on the first Thursday of every month. Ann Jones now runs the group. You can can contact her via the MK Cylch Siarad link on this Forum, or by email: ann.jones@open.ac.uk There will be a meeting next Thursday 4th August. Thanks for the info re the walk in Harlington on the 13th. I will contact Ann myself and let her know about this and about your enquiry. Cofion cynnes, Jan

1 Like

Great stuff! Glynn and I have met previously at the MK Biergarten in Wolverton to practice our Welsh. It’s really easy for both of us to get to MK, me from the South and Glynn from the North. If there’s a group already existing that we can tap into that’s great. I’ll email Ann too. xxxxx

I’m in Leicester - if there’s a Midlands group, I’d be interested!

Hi Chris, I’m also in Leicester. There used to be a few other learners about this way but I’m not sure who is still around. If anything gets a bit closer this way I’d also be interested

1 Like

I’m in Northampton - don’t know anyone else around here. There used to be a small group of learners in Milton Keynes but I lost contact with them some time ago.

Hi Charlie - brilliant! Hope this thread gets some more responses, and maybe something can happen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bore da, pawb.
I am not sure if this group has started or not. I live in Moulton just north of Northampton and would love the chance to meet with other Welsh speakers/ learners. Coming towards the end of challenge 2 SSIW googled at the moment and really need speaking practice. Luckily I work from home so am generally available anytime.
Hwyl
Glynn

1 Like

Sori, that’s gogledd not googled🤫

I’ll keep my fingers crossed but if you ever fancy a Welsh chat in Leicester itself let me know

1 Like

Well hopefully something gets organised. If not we could all always meet up somewhere like Market Harborough being roughly halfway

1 Like