Clonc-edigion Revived

Diolch Margaret a Nicky

Hello Huw, I’m back from my travels in Africa so unpausing SSIW and ready to start practicing again. I enjoyed the Clonc in Newquay and would be keen to continue monthly meetings. Unfortunately I’m away the weekend of the 25th otherwise I would be there.

I too am interested in further meet ups.
Hwyl nawr
Beth

Croeso nol @wendyjames. I’d love to hear an account of your African travels.
Can you and @elizabethrowley make Saturday 1st Feb for a clonc? If so, I propose McCowan’s Vintage Cafe in Aberaeron at 11 am.
I would then ask @CatrinLliarJones to include it in her events circular to see if we can attract more than the three of us. :smile:
Later: Tagging @Macky to lead you to this thread. :smile:

2 Likes

Yes that is fine with me. Where in Aberaeron is the Vintage Cafe ?
Hwyl nawr
Beth

McCowan’s vintage cafe is at 35 Alban Square (a one way system) on the site of the former La Cuccina. You may be able to street park, but this google map shows the relation of the cafe to the beach front car park. I hope Wendy can make it, too.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/McCowans/@52.2440804,-4.2593195,17z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x486f13a08851f561:0xc652a3ca9b274272!8m2!3d52.242287!4d-4.2584987

Thanks for the information. It would be nice to have a group of us. I can’t make the 8th, but I can make the other Saturdays, including ofcourse the 1st of Feb. as suggested originally.
Diolch
Beth

Bendigedig! I can make 1st Feb in Aberaeron, and will see if 2 or 3 others from Aberystwyth want to come along

1 Like

Diolch Huw,
I shall have to play it by ear but hoping to make it. I’m trying to get out and about with my Welsh again after quite a few months in the background.
Hopefully see you soon. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I only arrive back in Llandysul on Feb 1st so I won’t make this one, but hopefully the next. Diolch for getting it organised @HuwJones

1 Like

Take care Deborah and have a safe journey back to Wales next week.

The meeting is in the email for this week @HuwJones! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay in replying. I hope to be able to make it on the 1st Feb.

2 Likes

Please see my PM :heart:

1 Like

Have a great time everyone and I’ll see you at the next one!

1 Like

REMINDER
I’m looking forward to seeing as many as can make it to Saturday’s Cloncedigion in Aberaeron at 11 am in McCowan’s Vintage cafe.
Here are the details I posted earlier.
Huw :smiley:

2 Likes

All the very best with it @HuwJones! I hope you get a good bunch of people turn up and have a fabulous morning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope it’s a good one Huw. I’ve had a text reminder for our monthly local meet up in Aberdaugleddau so I shall not be driving up I’m afraid. Maybe next one if there’s no clash. Mwynhewch. :+1:

Diolch, Macky. Have a good one in Aberdaugleddau. Hope to see you next time.

1 Like

thanks for getting this organised @HuwJones I’ll be there and bringing 2 or 3 others from Aberystwyth

2 Likes

I enjoyed meeting 5 old and new friends at today’s cloncedigion in Aberaeron. The numbers were much better than recent meetups.

Conversation flowed in Welsh and, where necessary, English. There was a good range of “fluency” so it was important that no-one should feel excluded.

I found McCowan’s Vintage Cafe more or less by sticking a pin in the map. It turned out to be a pleasant, traditional Welsh-speaking cafe with a tasty range of cakes and hot drinks but It was small and the Espresso machine was very noisy. Perhaps we would be better off “lan lofft” if we go there again.

At the end of our meeting a lady came up from a neighbouring table and congratulated us on our Welsh. There’s proud we were. :smile:

I’ll wait until @Deborah-SSi settles in back home before discussing the next meeting with her but ideas about dates and venues are always welcome. :smile:

7 Likes