Course notes for Southern Level 2 (Challenge 25 now available!)

Level 2 challenges have arrived! And here are the notes for the first 2 challenges :-

Challenge 1
Vocabulary introduced:
Plant. Eich plant chi. Ife? Rheina. Ife eich plant chi yw rheina? Dishgwl (edrych). Fel. Llaw. Llond llaw. Go iawn. Hen. Yr hynaf. Deg (yn ddeg). Y llall. Y ferch (merch).
Pump (yn bump). Honno. Hwnnw.

Patterns introduced:
Maen nhw… Maen nhw’n dishgwl… Ŷn nhw…?(Ydyn nhw…?) Pa mor hen…?

Challenge 2
Vocabulary introduced:
Y bachgen. Pymtheg (yn bymtheg). Eich hunain. Un bachgen. Bywiog (yn fywiog).
Dyna blant i chi. Nhw. Gwahanol. Yn wahanol o gwbl.

Patterns introduced:
Oes ‘da chi…?(Oes gyda chi…?) Na, s’dim ‘da ni…(Nag oes, does dim ‘da ni…) Oes, ma ‘da ni…(Oes, mae gyda ni…) Fydden ni ddim yn moyn…

12 Likes

… and for Challenges 3 and 4:-

Challenge 3
Vocabulary introduced:
Dau/dwy. Dwy ferch. Dau fachgen. Yr ifancaf (iengaf, iau). Ein plant (ni). Tyfu. Tyfu lan. Wedi tyfu lan. Merch. Yn ei hugeiniau. Dydd (diwrnod). Y dyddiau ‘ma.

Patterns introduced:
S’gyda ni ddim… So chi…(dych chi ddim…) So chi yn dishgwl… So ni…(dyn ni ddim…)
So ni’n gweld…

Challenge 4
Vocabulary introduced:
Mab. Yn ei dridegau. Fel athro/athrawes. Felly. Mor glou. Ond ŷn nhw? Mynd heibio.
Mae’n mynd heibio. Hedfan. Pan.

Patterns introduced:
Maen nhw’n tyfu lan… Pan o’n nhw… Dw i’n cofio…

7 Likes

:star: :star2:

1 Like

Dear faithless,

Thanks so much for,your work on this.

Do you also have notes for Level 1 Southern? If so, would,you be willing to send me the link to them, or where I might find them on the forum.

Having completed all 3 priginal,courses and all that there was on Level one southeren until recently I started working with Memrise to wip my vocab into shape. I have popped most of the notes from the old course into Memrise with a clear intro Asking people to respect the SSiW method and only do the Memrise one when they fully integrated the audio sessions.

I am happy to create a Memrise Coyrse for the new course two. Would,you be happy for memto pop your notes into that format?

Warm wishes,

Elkie

1 Like

@elkiedeadman I’m not Gav, but here’s the link:

Level 1 South Course Guide

All the course guides are linked to from the FAQ on the new version of the website (not sure which version you are using, or whether everyone has access to the new site yet or not). Have fun!

1 Like

Shwmae Elkie,

The Level 1 Course guide is now on this very website! Just head to FAQ above, scroll down to where it says “Where can I find the lesson guides and how should I use them?”, and click on it. In the scroll-down menu, click on “Level 1 Lesson Guide (South)” and voila!

… or just click on This Link here!

Note: There are currently only 23 challenges on this guide. I have submitted an up-to-date one to Aran for submission, so check back again soon for the full guide!

EDIT: Just noticed Anna’s reply above! :smiley:

1 Like

And now, we have Challenge 5 also! Here are the lesson notes:-

Challenge 5
Vocabulary introduced:
Yn yr ysgol. Ddoe (ddô). Fel se hi’n ddoe. Gweithio. I’r Cyngor. Syniad. Diweddara.

Patterns introduced:
O’n nhw newydd ddechrau… Ŷch chi’n hoffi…?(ydych chi’n hoffi…?)
Ŷch chi ‘di clywed…?(ydych chi wedi clywed…?)

4 Likes

Anyone would think I were excited about all these new challenges being published!
But guess what?? Lesson notes for Challenge 6 are below! Joiwch!!! :smiley:

Challenge 6
Vocabulary introduced:
Beth ŷn nhw’n moyn? Hala. Mwy o amser. Gytre. Cwrdd. Grwp. Popeth. Cwpla.
Yn ei dridegau. Gwneud yn siwr.

Patterns introduced:
Maen nhw’n moyn… Bod ni’n cwpla…(bo’ ni’n cwpla…) Maen nhw’n dweud…

7 Likes

This stuff is really appreciated. I personally find the pdf for each course really helpful as I can print it off. Have you any plans to do the same with this?
Thanks

Richard

Shwmae Richard,
A PDF file will be produced once there are enough challenges to warrant one. However, I will probably ask Aran to publish it with the others on the FAQ pages since there were issues with the Dropbox link I used to provide, and the first one will probably be compiled around challenge 12.
In the mean time, I will add notes to this very thread. Feel free to create your own copy of the notes by copying and pasting them into whichever documents app you use if you wish - at least until the PDF becomes available.
Gav

3 Likes

I’ve just had a listen to Challenge 7 and quickly noted these down. I think I’ve covered everything, but I will listen again later on while I’m on my meal break and edit this list if needed. In the mean time, here’s the new vocab:-

Challenge 7
Vocabulary introduced:
Llai o amser. Yn ei (h)ugeiniau. Ni. Mewn pryd. Meddwl. Trafod. Ein rhai ni.

Patterns introduced:
Bod eisiau i ni…

3 Likes

2 Likes

Challenges 8 and 9 are now available, and these are the notes from them:-

Challenge 8
Vocabulary introduced:
So ni’n gwybod. Cyflawni. Agor. Bod yn agored. Bod yn fwy agored. Newid.

Patterns introduced:
Maen nhw’n trio… Dylen nhw… ®oedd hi’n mynd… Be(th) oedd yn mynd… O’n ni’n moyn…

Challenge 9
Vocabulary introduced:
Digwydd. Be(th) oedd yn digwydd. Esbonio. Dwedon nhw. Gofyn am help.
Do’n ni ddim yn gwybod. Nhw. Gofyn iddyn nhw.

Patterns introduced:
Do’n nhw ddim yn moyn… Dwedon nhw wrthon ni… O’n nhw’n moyn… Bo’n nhw’n moyn… Hoffen i…

3 Likes

Many thanks

2 Likes

Gavin, you are a wee star x

3 Likes

A nawr, dyma’r nodiadau ar gyfer Her 10! :smiley:

Challenge 10
Vocabulary introduced:
O’n ni’n siarad. Ffeindio. Ffordd. Ffordd well. Ŷn ni’n moyn iddyn nhw hala.
Gwneud yn siwr.

Patterns introduced:
O’n ni’n meddwl… O’n ni i gyd yn meddwl…

4 Likes

…and challenge 11 notes are:-

Challenge 11
Vocabulary introduced:
Beth o’t ti’n meddwl? Be’ ti’n mynd i ‘neud?(Beth wyt ti’n mynd i wneud?)

Patterns introduced:
Ti’n teimlo… Gest ti…? Wnest ti wylio…? Wnest ti ddarllen…? Ŷn ni’n mynd i ‘neud.

4 Likes

Can we not have Gavins notes next to the lessons, just like the gog ones are?

It’s the aim, just that Iestyn has a whole load on his plate - but we will get there… :sunny:

1 Like

I wish I could help …

1 Like