'henddraig's S4C Petition Update!

@Deborah-SSi, I suspect I know the Forum names of the most recent signatories!
1326 - 1328
Kreuzau, Northrhine-Westphalia, Germany
Studley, Warwickshire
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi!

@Deborah-SSi I was wrong, Michael is number 1330! Nice number - diolch @Eigentime, so a rush -
1329-1338
Columbia, S.Georgia, USA - Access to S4C is crucial to the intellectual life and the cohesion of the Welsh speaking diaspora and Welsh speakers of Welsh ancestry.
Graz, Austria (lovely place!)
Look, look, one of the diaspora? - Esquel, Chubut, Patagonia, Argentina
Dublin, Ireland - wanting to enjoy learning, I think! says The wonderful Welsh language must be supported
Rochdale, Lancs
Sherwood, Oregon, USA
London, England
Cheltenham, Glos - The Welsh diaspora greatly value their music, poetry and literature. With completely porous borders it is obvious that many Welsh speakers live outside Wales, but want to keep in touch with the culture through S4C . If Sky and internet users are not counted a falsely low picture is given of the demand for S4C, Also, our living language is part of the rich mixed heritage of Great Britain which is a help to tourism and should be cherished.
UK - place unsecified
Gladsville, NSW, Australia
EDIT - That last one is actually Gladwsville, but when I noticed and Googled, it says ā€œGladesvilleā€. so Gladesville it must be!

1 Like

Shmae @Deborah-SSi, Gladwsville is indeed Gladesville! I checked with the chap and have now corrected it!
Moneta, Virginia, USA - the more Cymraeg programmng and resources the better.

Yes, I know where Gladesville is. I used to live not far from there at one time :slight_smile:

Two more today, @Deborah-SSi
1340-1341
Windsor, Berks, England
t Harde, Gelderland, Netherlands (I looked up ā€˜t Hardeā€™ and it is spelled correcrlt!)

Only one more @Deborah-SSi
a lady from Germany.

1343, @Deborah-SSi,
from Wymeswold, Leicestershire, England, says - Welsh is the true heritage of every Briton, and S4C is a vital, living part of that. It has an international reach, both for fans of Welsh and the general public - just witness the phenomenal success of Y Gwyll (Hinterland),

@Deborah-SSi 1344, from Swindon, commented :- This language should be keep alive. Itā€™s apart of our British heritage. More funding should be given to help learners of this language and keep the channel full of different contents.

1 Like

Only one today, @Deborah-SSi, from Colchester in Essex. 1345.

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi
1346 - 1347
Ms anon from Liverpool (no comments)
Dr. anon from Oxford who wrote : Iā€™m originally from Wales, and am learning Welsh. I manage to watch some Welsh TV shows online but would love to be able to watch S4C at home.
Clearly not a Sky subscriber!

1 Like

to @Deborah-SSi 1348
Miss anon from Manchester sent ;- As a 17 year old in Preston, I would have had no opportunity to learn Welsh (even by paying) if it wasnā€™t for S4C. There is plenty of TV that I never watch but watching TV is an amazing way to develop your pronunciation and listening skills without much difficulty.

1 Like

for @Deborah-SSi
Dumfreis, here in Scotland.

1 Like

1350 - nice number! Latest is in England - only info provided, Iā€™m afraid @Deborah-SSi

And, @Deborah-SSi, a person from London is 1351

@Deborah-SSi two more to 1353
One from Bristol, one from Sale - both UK!
p.s. I credit most of recent signatures to your mentions in the n/l. They frequently appear just after the n/l comes out! So - Diolch yn fawr!

1 Like

From Northampton, England comes 1354, @Deborah-SSi !

I told you @Deborah-SSi that the n/l brings in signatures!!
Today, 1355, Nottingham, England

Red Letter Day for me @Deborah-SSi! The first two are much appreciated -
1356 & 1357 from Coventry and Middlesbrough, England
but number 1358 set my heart racing. I was taken to a land which truly values its past, its traditions, its literature, because the whole world does too! I think the first signature on the petition from Greece, and specifically Thessaloniki!

1 Like

Hello @Deborah-SSi 1359, from Knaresborough, Yorks says:-
Its important to keep S4C going - its the only chance that people like me get to hear the news in welsh and watch tv programmes in Welsh while i am living in Yorkshire - thank you

1 Like

And, @Deborah-SSi, 1360 is from Liverpool!