Oxford walks

11:28 bus from Radley should reach Hinksey Park about 11:45 ish, all being well, so I’ll aim for that.
Sue

1 Like

PPS Alan Iwi has pointed out that parking in the streets to the south of Hinksey Park is possible as they are outside Oxford’s controlled residents parking zones. Also, if you were parked in one of the streets south of Vicarage Rd, there’s a footpath nr St John’s Church which youi could use to get to Hinksey Park

Diolch @Betterlatethan @bethan-williams-1 @ruth-connor & Clive for a very enjoyable walk+sgwrs today and diolch, also, Sue for navigating! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Yes! Diolch yn fawr pawb am eich cwmni. Taith cerdded hyfryd. Bethan

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr pawb. Mwynheais i’r daith cerdded.
Sue

1 Like

A quick memory jog about the poll for walk dates in July :slightly_smiling_face:

So far with 6 having completed the Doodle poll, this Sunday (11th July) looks a possibility (2 yes + 2 poss), and each July Saturday (3 yes + 1 poss) and Sunday (3 yes) thereafter. If you haven’t already done so please do complete the poll (https://doodle.com/poll/64x3ukcnqpagmm7h?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link) - it’s simple and very quick to do - if you’re not sure if you’re free you can click twice on a date to indicate ‘maybe’
Hwyl
John

Helo eto - shall we pencil in Saturday 17th July for our next walk? @chris-roberts @ruth-connor and I can make that day, and maybe @Betterlatethan Hopefully others who haven’t yet completed the Doodle poll can make it, too.
The Thames Path from Wolvercote upstream towards Swinford might be one possible route - other suggstions welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

I’m sorry I won’t be able to make this walk. Bethan

I’m not sure. I make that a bit over 6 miles including the bit to and from the bus stop in Wolvercote and it would probably be too far. On the other hand, there is a bus stop at Swinford and the S1 bus goes back to Oxford. That would make it more like 4.5 miles. I shall be with Carol that day, so I’ll speak to her and see what she thinks about going part of the way with you and then carrying on when you turn back.
Sue

1 Like

Happy for you (and anyone else) to suggest an alternative route @Betterlatethan, though, if you’d like to :slight_smile:

I have never seen that stretch of the Thames before and I’d quite like to. Let me consult.
Sue

1 Like

Carol is up for Wolvercote to Swinford, weather permitting.
Sue

1 Like

Let’s firm that up then - shall we say meet up at midday in the Port Meadow car park in Wolvercote (could be a bit earlier if that works better for people)?
As a reminder, this is the circular route - the :restroom: symbol shows the car park (for Sue’s Swinford alternative just keep following the Thames path to the Farmoor to Eynsham road and cross the bridge to Swinford)

1 Like

Still good for us if off road buggy friendly. However happy to wing it and turn around if necessary. Or sit this one out.

1 Like

As best I remember the Thames Path secton should be fine for the buggy. It may be that the Ox Greenway section has a couple of stiles, though.

Sounds good to me. Sorry for my tardy reply!

1 Like

Not too late to join us on our walk+sgwrs today (SATURDAY 17th :sunny: - see above for details). Let me know though if you’re thinking of coming along so we can keep an eye out for you :slightly_smiling_face:

PS Sorry - just realised I typed Sunday instead of Saturday :roll_eyes:

Dw i ar y ffordd!

Helo bawb a diolch i @ruth-connor (a Liam bach) a @chris-roberts for an enjoyable walk yesterday afternoon :sunny::sweat:(apart from the bit from the car park to the start of the Thames path, of course, which was a bit too busy for comfort, really).

Is anyone up for :walking_woman: another walk next weekend (24th or 25th):walking_man:? Should be a bit cooler by then In July’s Doodle poll @rachaelseculer-faber can make both days, @ruth-connor can make Saturday (& maybe @Betterlatethan), and @owen-mcknight Sunday - I had an email from Linda suggesting she probably wouldn’t be able to join us that weekend, aftter all. @heather-18 I’ll flag you, too, in case you’d like to join us?

Route suggestions welcome but a determining factor will be what transport people have available. All welcome, visitors to Oxford included! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

PS While we’re about it we might as well consider a walk on Sat 31 July as well - @chris-roberts @ruth-connorand I have ticked that, and @bethan-williams-1 and @Betterlatethan are possibles.

PPS I’ve now set up this poll for August dates

1 Like