SSi Forum

How to set up and record to an account in SoundCloud

Sh’mae Helen. It has indeed worked and takes us to your recording on Soundcloud.

Your link indicates that, as I have, you have opted to keep your files private. There are two ways to share - the URL from the URL bar, and the use of the share button soundcloud%20share%20radio-button
(rather than producing my links here and confusing people, I have used images)
image%20for%20no-link

Either way will work :+1:

Great @Sean-O thanks for letting me know

I’ve set up my account on iPad and iPhone but there’s no record setting?

Here’s some iOS advice for you
Guide to IOS Soundcloud for SSIW’ers.pdf (362.7 KB)

I am laughing reading this as I am in same boat. I am on week 7, managed to record a solo word 2 weeks ago but haven’t been able to work out how to record since! My brain hurts.:joy:

I am really struggling! Have downloaded SoundCloud onto Android phone and it won’t upload the recording. Downloaded app ontoiPad and can’t see how to record. Help please?

Hi @Ali-Rimmer, this is a document specifically for using iOS devices: Guide to IOS Soundcloud for SSIW’ers.pdf (362.7 KB)

Hopefully that will help you :slight_smile:

@angela-6 From what I understand, it’s better to use SoundCloud in a browser rather than the app for uploading. You record your voice using either the simple Voice Recorder software that comes with most devices or a simple voice recording programme that you can get from the App/Play Store, then you upload it to SoundCloud - either by selecting ‘upload to SoundCloud’ within your voice recorder if it offers that option (some do, some don’t) or by going into SoundCloud in your browser, selecting ‘Upload’ and finding the voice file you recorded.

Once you’ve done that, you can select ‘Share’ in SoundCloud, and it will give you the link you need to paste into the forum.

I’ve done it! Wasn’t so bad in the end ! Diolch!

Thanks @dee