Oxford walks

Rather busy at the moment , hopefully March will allow time for Oxford.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

Diolch, JP - we’ll be hoping that we might see you in March, then
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Helo pawb -a possibility now we might be able to arrange our Feb walk for Sat 23rd/Sun 24th - let me know if you think you might be interested :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi/St David’s Day tomorrow heralds the start of Mis Mawrth so time to think about another walk and, as always, all welcome. I’m going to suggest Satueday or Sunday the weekend after next (9th/10th March), but this weekend might be a possibility if this works better for people - let me know what you think :slightly_smiling_face:

A quick bump for the walk+sgwrs planned for next weekend (Sat 9 or Sun 10 March).
These walks are often a mix of Welsh & English, and newcomers, partners & plantos, 1st language Welsh & monoglot English speakers all welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
Let me know if you think you might be interested or have any questions
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

OK - this month’s walk will be on this Sunday, 10th March, to Wytham Wood and back starting out from The Trout Inn in Wolvercote.

We usually meet at 12:00 but could make it a bit earlier or later if that fits in better with family stuff -
@RichardBuck you said you can make it on Sunday - does that work for you and plantos?
Clive is planning to join us - I suspect @cat-1 @rebecca @Betterlatethan & @ramblingjohn won’t be able to make it this time but what about you @rachaelseculer-faber @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 @jane-18 @mouselovinlady and anyone else who might be interested? And, of course …

Hwyl, John

Well, let’s fix on 12:30pm to meet up outside (:slight_smile:) Wolvercote’s Trout Inn for tomorrow’s (Sunday 10th) walk to Wytham Wood.
(if you’re coming by car, there should be spaces in the Port Meadow car park about a quarter of a mile before reaching The Trout) .

And echoing my post to the ‘Oxford Welsh learners group’ thread:

Hwyl, John

PS Forgot to add that if you’d like to join us and have transport but 12:30pm is a bit too early, there’ll be the possibility to join us a bit later as we pass through Wytham Village, or even up the hill from the village in the Wytham Wood car park - do let me know though if you’re planning to do this, so we can keep an eye out for you

For our April walk how does Sat 13th or Sun 14th April sound to everybody? Let me know what you think - alternative dates are always possible if that works better for people :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

We’re going to be away till sometime on Sunday 14th, I think – going to Caernarfon this Sunday, then up to near Newcastle for a couple of days. I could do the following weekend.

1 Like

Helo pawb - Let us know if you think Sat 20th or Sun 21st April might work for you?

… or Fri 19th/Mon 22nd (slowly the penny’s dropped that it’s Easter Weekend :egg::hatching_chick::baby_chick::rabbit2::roll_eyes:)

1 Like

Yep probably, I’ve got no plans yet for Easter wknd

1 Like

I don’t know where you plan to go, but the fritillaries in Iffley Meadows are better than ever this year. They are just coming up to full bloom, so they should still be good next weekend.
Sue

1 Like

I hope to be there. (for photos)
cheers J.P.

1 Like

That’s a great suggestion, Sue - why didn’t I think of that! :slightly_smiling_face:
Is Saturday a good day for you @ramblingjohn @RichardBuck @rachaelseculer-faber ?
Hwyl, John

The most concentrated patches were at the places marked with F, but there were plenty of odd flowers elsewhere too. There were two fine patches of cowslips next to Weirs lane.
Sue

Saturday looks good (weather) would midday meet at the station be good for people
cheers J.P.

Grêt! Diolch yn fawr, Sue! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, that would be fine for me, JP
Hwyl, John

1 Like