The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

So, if youā€™ve noticed that your speech bubble has gone an (elegant) salmon pink kind of colourā€¦

Youā€™re ready for the next challenge - gaining a red badge!

To gain a bright shiny red badge, just post a recording of you saying the SENTENCES using the Recording Tool from your email, then post a link to your recording in this threadā€¦ :slight_smile:

The thread is checked every Monday, and when we see a PINK post a recording of SENTENCES here, weā€™ll upgrade them to RED.

But if you post your SENTENCES and you donā€™t get upgraded, just let @Novem know in this thread by tagging him.:slight_smile:

16 Likes
The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** :white_flower: (Badges Awarded Mondays)
5 min test recording
Volunteer '5 Minute' Listeners
The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** :white_flower: (Badges Awarded Mondays)
Alex-jones 5 minutes
Daily practice sentences
5 min test recording
Level 1 sentence
Welsh Sentences for Wk.18 - SoundCloud
Soundcloud thread
5 min test recording
5 minutes Welsh speaking practice
Sound clyp
Going BLUE- week 21 'ANSWER' recording **Green to Blue badge** :large_blue_circle: (Awarded Mondays)
Speaking Practice Tasks: Info on COMPLETING, RECORDING, POSTING to gain COLOURED BADGES
5 Min Sentences
Going GREEN - week 19 'QUESTION' recording **Red to Green badge** :sparkle: (Awarded Mondays)
Going GREEN - week 19 'QUESTION' recording **Red to Green badge** :sparkle: (Awarded Mondays)
Https://ssi-cyhoeddus.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/recording/538/6min_11_fullset.mp3
Pink, red, green, blue and beyond... what do they mean?
SaySomethingin

Oh how sneaky! I was finally going to capitulate and do it this lunchtime, but donā€™t feel like entertaining the office so I guess it will wait a bit longer.

4 Likes

I donā€™t have to listen to it do I? I sound like Margot McGinty when she was five. (Sorry Margot, youā€™ve probably moved on vocally, as it were, but I donā€™t think I have!)
:fearful:

4 Likes

Do I have to use SoundCloud? I tried it but it doesnā€™t match my interest.
Couldnā€™t I just phone you instead?
Actually, cancel that - my granddaughter and I love pink. :laughing:

4 Likes

Onwards and upwards! :slight_smile:

Absolutely not! Just know that it WILL inspire othersā€¦ :slight_smile:

The more people who are willing to grit their teeth and take this step, the more other people will follow, and the more people will succeed with SSiW - so this really is a call to the barricades, capitanoā€¦:wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a cracking idea, I could just recite them across the table on Friday evening.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll applaud. But I wonā€™t give you your red back.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Even if I recite them whilst sliding a free pint towards you?

4 Likes

Even more applause, but no red. :slight_smile:

Weā€™re building a swimming pool of inspiration for other people here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha! How i knew this will happen and I actually wanted to do this in the first place but just didnā€™t as nobody did. :slight_smile: Well, it might happen from me however not just now ā€¦ a bit later ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve done it! With lots of ums and ers while I tried to think what to say. The scuffling sound is me flipping through flashcards for inspiration for the rest of the sentences.

37 Likes

Done :slight_smile: as you can hear, I run out of ideas at times:

40 Likes

Gwych! Our very first re-red! :star: :star2:

And hereā€™s a quick warning nod to everyone elseā€¦:wink: You will get MORE out of this exercise by doing it WITHOUT flashcards - itā€™s fair enough to have a list of the sentence starters in English, of course, but avoid anything beyond thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

No, I donā€™t think so :slight_smile: And Angharad recognised your voice straight away :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Beth ddylwn i ddweud nesaf? was my favourite :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Butā€¦ butā€¦ my mind goes blank if I donā€™t have some random words to give me inspiration for the ends of the sentences! The alternative is to prepare ideas, but that seems to be going against the idea of the challenge, which I assume is to get us to speak spontaneously.

When I say I was using flashcards, I mean that I had the sentence starters in English and a bunch of cards, English side up that said things like: baby, bridge, brother, building, bananas etc. So Iā€™d pick up ā€œI want toā€ and the random word ā€œbabyā€ and then form the sentence.

5 Likes

I have recorded and put on sound cloud but canā€™t find it? It appears to be above a picture of Catrinwith a sound file called Y GĆ“g aā€™r afon ar fore braf o Fai?

I think I have done something wrong here help! Never used Sound Cloud. :expressionless:

Actually, I think it might be in a Soundcloud account I have created. I logged in with my google account and it appears I am following Catrin, Aran and Maynardā€¦ if I click the link above I get this and canā€™t do anything with itā€¦

Never been keen on pink so just need to work out how to do this. I may be some timeā€¦
(curse-you-technology mode now activated :scream:)

2 Likes

Andy, you need to go into SoundCloud (in a separate tab probably easiest) and then click on ā€˜Shareā€™ on your recording - underneath your clip, where it says Like and Repost. Then, in the little window that opens up, at the bottom youā€™ll see a url in a box - click on that to highlight it, copy it, paste it in here exactly like thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

Exactly so - and in conversation, you wonā€™t have flashcards handy - so this is designed PRECISELY to get you rummaging through your neural networks in the same way youā€™ll need to do in conversations. Itā€™s tougher than a conversation - because thereā€™s nothing handy leading into it - but thatā€™s exactly the kind of effort that will give you the best resultsā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks @aran , like this?

Embarrassed at how boring these are!

Edit: Oops, I have uploaded the wrong file, I had another with the sentence Beth amdanati after the sentence Dw i angen ymarfer. Promise! Does this count or do I have to upload againā€¦

19 Likes

17 Likes